Then the undies. Oy. I'd so rather buy underwear for tiny dolls than make them. Small fiddly things with elastic make my head hurt. But as there is really not much market for 18" boy doll clothes, I got to figure out underwear on my own. I started with this pattern, which says it fits 11" waisted dolls (ballpark for AG). I cut and sewed one pair straight from the pattern and found that they fit around beautifully, but were FAR too short in the rise. That little bum was not covered! I did a second pair, adding about 3/4" to the top all the way around. Better. I put 1" elastic to make up the rest of the rise, which was still a bit lacking. I'd like to do another pair, add even more height particularly in the rear, and instead use a 3/4" wide elastic, which would look less disproportionate. My kids are pleased though, so that's what matters.
And yes, poor Jack had to suffer the indignity of standing outside in his skivvies.