Saturday, July 07, 2012

wiggle blocks

(Disclaimer: this is a homeschooling post on a craft blog. It's going to happen some, because I don't plan to blog about homeschooling enough to warrant a separate blog, and I'm not going to re-name this one to include homeschooling.  So there.)

I love these blocks!  I bought them after reading through this website.  I was most excited about the potential to use them in phonics lessons.  But we aren't there yet, so I printed the "physical activities" inserts.  They have ROCKED our preschool time.  Between subjects, each kid rolls a "wiggle block" and then we do the activities.  Simple, they love it, gets some wiggles out, and we move on.  Brilliant!

Now, the whole set up was sort of crazy, expense-wise.  Blocks plus the (one-time) subscription to the site for downloads was about $30.  I'm pretty sure this would be easy to DIY if you were so inclined.  But I am so thrilled with how it's working, so I'm not complaining.  I'll just have to use them a lot to make it worth what I shelled out!

Oh, and I printed the dice dots for the 4th one, and we've been using it for dice games.  It's nice because it can't roll all the way across the floor and get stuck under the bookshelf!



No comments: