A friend's neighbor passed down two older American Girl dolls in much-loved condition to her daughter. I volunteered to bring them home and see if we could pretty them up a bit for their second generation of playtime. Turns out that I took rather lousy pictures throughout this process, but I thought I'd share anyway--the dolls really came out pretty well!
Our starting point:
|Kirsten and Molly, dirty, with ratty hair and lots of stray pencil and marker marks. Plus Kirsten was missing a leg.|
|some of Kirsten's pencil marks|
|Molly was actually in pretty decent shape.|
I started by cleaning all of the marks off of both dolls' vinyl with a magic eraser. Then I deep conditioned their wigs with a good downy dunk.
Both dolls then got their limbs re-strung (plus Kirsten got a spare leg from Ebay).
|loose and missing-limbed Kirsten|
|Kirsten, unstuffed for limb restringing|
|Molly unstuffed for restringing|
|Yay! I can stand on my own two feet again!|
|Molly, feeling much better|
|all ready to go back home!|