spend two weeks on a letter of the alphabet using Learn Your Letters, Learn to Serve
spend two weeks learning a Bible verse set to song (instead of the ones included in the curriculum above--I'm wired to sing!)
Tonight I started the poster for our wall. My kiddos can't read yet, so it's as much a reminder to me to work on our lessons as it is for them. I'll put a flashcard from the adorable set from the blog at homemadebyjill.blogspot.com the top, make a list (in writing or photos/drawings) of people, places, and things that start with our letter on the blank page bottom left. Our scripture goes bottom right.
Our next two weeks with the letter A may look something like this:
- tomorrow--eat apples for snack, make apple print art and mail finished art to some of our beloved aunts.
- Friday--bake apple bread and deliver it to some family friends whose name begins with A.
- next Monday--make collages of animal pictures
- next Wednesday--eat ants on a log for snack, make egg carton ants with pipe cleaner legs, go outside and look at ants
- next Friday--make hand print angel art (send to another beloved aunt or two), walk down the to sand volleyball court at the park and make sand angels
- next Saturday--go with Daddy to Brazos Bend State Park and see the alligators
- all the while learning the shape and sound of the letter A!