Chaos Academy is in session for the 2013-2014 school year!
Here's what we have on our academic plate this year:
- Five in a Row! All three of the kiddos will do FIAR together again this year, which covers history/geography, art, science, some language arts and some math. This year, our FIAR line up includes the following books: The Giraffe that Walked to Paris, Amber on the Mountain, Henry the Castaway, Lentil, Wee Gillis, The Glorious Flight, Cranberry Thanksgiving, Little Nino's Pizzeria, Clown of God, The Duchess Bakes a Cake, A Pair of Red Clogs, The Bee Tree, The Rag Coat, Miss Rumphius, Andy and the Lion, Papa Piccolo, Paul Revere's Ride, and Truman's Aunt Farm
- Math: Singapore Essential Math K and Math Mammoth 1
- Handwriting Without Tears
- Various resources for learning to read, including Phonics Pathways, Happy Phonics, a TON of early reader-type books, and other things TBD
- Nature Study
- Picture Study focusing on the following artists: John James Audubon, Monet, Beatrix Potter, and Mary Cassatt
- Music Appreciation focusing on the instruments in the orchestra with resources like Story of the Orchestra and Carnival of the Animals
- Geography focusing on continents, oceans, and landforms
- PE with our homeschool group
and whatever else strikes our fancy!
I'll get back to blogging at the end of every Five in a Row book, and we appreciate you following along with our year!
The obligatory individual "first day of school" pictures. Enjoy!