Sunday, September 01, 2013

TV room remodel complete!

Our TV room remodel is finally FINISHED!  We got new floors (tile that looks like wood) and a fresh coat of paint after a hot water heater leak flooded this room in late June, ruined the laminate floor and required the removal of some sections of sheet rock.  When that was finished, we replaced the horrible-to-sit-on Craigslist couch that we used to have in the school room with a new Karlstad sofa+chaise from Ikea, in dark sivik gray.  LOVE it!! I just got everything hung on the walls and windows, and it is finally DONE.  Whew!  My to-do list is dancing a jig.  Without further ado, some pictures!

Here is Karl, with the b&w photo collage above him.  Most of these pics were in a collage above the fireplace in the main living room before the room switcheroo this spring.  I added a couple and moved the "This is the Life" piece in from another location to join the collage.  Love how this turned out!  The chevron throw pillow actually belongs in the living room on the leather couch.  Not sure why it made a trip across the house.  I'm waiting for inspiration for pillows on Karl.  If you have seen anything that screams "perfect!" for this room, point me in the right direction!

This room is SO hard to photograph because of the enormous window on the far wall.  That window is a big part of why I love this room, though.  So cheery!  This room was the garage in its former life, and the window replaced the garage door.  I bought the gray curtains at Target.  You can't see the pattern well in this pic, but here's a link in case you want to see them closer.  I bought a third panel for the small window above the TV.  I'm planning to hack it up and do something like this


Bookshelves and TV, nothing super special here.  That small window is the one that will be getting something roman shade-ish made from the 3rd panel of the gray curtains.  


Fourth wall, with doors to the closet (under the clock) and to the mud room (and rest of the house beyond).  My favorite things on this wall are the AWESOME cat pictures that my kids made in a summer art class.  Because they're directly across from the window, taking their picture is near impossible.  Glares galore.  You'll just have to take my word that they're fabulous. 



I was just sure that once I got the dark gray couch in this room that I would not like my tans and browns leafy rug anymore.  It doesn't bother me, though!  That's been a very happy surprise, since I do love the rug, and I was going to be sad if it didn't have a place in my house anymore.  The leaves that are actually sage-y green take on a gray look with the couch and the curtains and it seems to fit just fine.   Go figure.  

Alright, that's all.  Thanks for going on our room tour! 

No comments: