Sunday, February 20, 2011

my neighbor Totoro


a friend's little one is turning 2 this week and is obsessed with Totoro from the movie My Neighbor Totoro. It's hard to find licensed merchandise for Japanese children's films, but Etsy and the crochet hook were able to come to the rescue. Happy Birthday, Avery!

Totoro came out super cute, if I do say so myself, but I was reminded during the process why I intensely dislike working up amigurumi crochet patterns. All that single crochet. All that sewing all the little parts together. Ew! I think I'll stick to hats worked in double and half double for a while until I recover.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Where did you get the pattern? (: I'm 16, and I use to be obsessed with this move. Someone recently brought the movie up in a conversation, and it brought back so many wonderful memories.. Now I want to crochet totoro(:

Erin said...

Do you have an account on ravelry.com? If so, go make one (free). It's a knit and crochet pattern database and you will find a bajillion Totoro patterns you could try! The one I worked up is called Totoro with Acorn Sack.