Wednesday, June 27, 2007

dye results!

I am so pleased with my fancy schmancy new prefolds! Here's how they came out...

in color piles:


My favorite feature is that the stitching on the t-shirts is not cotton so it didn't take the dye. I love the contrast white stitching on the colored shirts!

all laid out so you can see what all we've got here:


top row are infant prefolds, middle row are preemies, and tees (obviously!) at the bottom. I did two green t-shirts since so many of our little woolens would look good with green.

speaking of our little woolens...


oh, the possibilities for cuteness! Can you see 'em?

and the geek in me had to take this final picture:


It's a comparison of how the bleached Chinese prefolds and unbleached Indian prefolds took the dye. Bleached CPFs are the top row and unbleached IPFs are on the bottom. Overall, the unbleached have richer, darker colors (unsurprisingly), but they also seem to have fewer splotches. I think they actually took the dye more evenly. I like the "mottled" look of the bleached, too, but I found the comparison interesting. And those IPFs are soooo wrinkly! These prefolds are all the same size when stretched and measured, but the wrinkles crack me up!

Now, go dye something yourself, you hear?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute :)
what dye did you use?

Anonymous said...

I read about it some days ago in another blog and the main things that you mention here are very similar

Anonymous said...

hi there ppl. I'm actually into shoes and I was searching for that particular make. The prices seeking the sneakers were all over 200 pounds everwhere. But definitively I set this location selling them as a remedy for half price. I in reality want these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will absolutely buy them. what is your opinion?