Sunday, January 16, 2011

cheery


I fell in love with this pillow as soon as I saw it on Made. I had admired that striped yellow Ikea fabric but had never bought any due to lack of project inspiration for it. Thanks, Dana! I grabbed a yard, made this little yellow beauty, and threw it in the rocking chair. Helps with the January blahs to have such a sunny new throw pillow.

For those of you who are facebook friends and remember my comment last week about loathing geometry, it was this pillow's fault. In order to change a striped fabric to a chevron pattern, you have to cut strips of the stripe with precise 45* angles. Painful, even with a rotary cutter. Well, at least this non-math girl found it painful.

This is also the project that prompted my facebook complaint about my husband saying one of my craft projects-in-progress was going to give him a headache. Good news, though! He said that the finished product is "not that bad". LOL I'll take it.

1 comment:

Erin said...

Awesome job!! Looks great!