Sunday, July 17, 2011

The Very Hungry Caterpillar

We love Eric Carle's The Very Hungry Caterpillar in this house, and I thought the bright primary colors in the book would make an excellent choice for a shared room for my three year old boy/girl twins. With a little bit of help from my sewing machine, and a lot of help from Target and Ikea, I proudly present Hazel and Charlie's new room!

"In the light of the moon a little egg lay on a leaf."

"One Sunday morning the warm sun came up and--pop!--out of the egg came a tiny and very hungry caterpillar."



General info: the leaf, sun, red chairs, and red L-shaped shelf came from Ikea. The red and blue solid quilts, the yellow sheets, and the lime green black-out panels came from Target. I made the valance and the pillowcases, along with the "art" from the hungry caterpillar line of fabric, purchased from fabric.com. I love the rain gutter bookshelves. We had one in the old dining room playroom when they were baby-babies and I've wanted another one ever since. I think all it needs now is a cute plush caterpillar to throw in that rocking chair. Maybe a crocheted one like this would fit the bill (photo from pattern on Ravelry).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love it, Erin! You are brilliant!

Pamela said...

Great job Erin.