Monday, March 25, 2013

Easter sewing

I took the plunge and sewed a real garment!  I fell in love with this pattern when I went on my 18" doll pattern buying spree at Joanns during their 5 for $5 pattern sale.  I thought I should try to make an outfit for Hazel for Easter and a matching one for our American Girl, Jess.  We don't go to a dressy church (most Sundays I wear jeans or a casual skirt), so we have no need of frilly Easter dresses.  I wanted something fun that Hazel could wear to play in through the summer instead of a one-time wear sort of deal.  I talked to her about it and she was excited.  She requested "pink and purple stripes".   Yikes.  I had no intention of sewing ANYthing with pink and purple stripes.  I had a bold floral or damask with a coordinating geometric print or polka-dot in mind.  I set in out in search of fabric, hoping we could strike a compromise.  I think we did!  Pink and purple, bold floral, no stripes, coordinating geometric print.


I appliquéd neckties onto tshirts for the boys to match, and then rounded out the set with a dress for Jess.


They're all going to looks so adorable! 

No comments: